Star Citizen – More Than Just A Game
- 8 Comm Array missions involving dogfighting and EVA, 8 Research missions involving protecting civilians or recovering lost data and 1 Exploration mission of an abandoned station.
- 20+ Random Encounters – Most are random dogfighting encounters, often with a mix of friendlies and hostiles. 4 are random exploration missions involving finding lost wrecks.
- Monitored Space – large areas of the Crusader system actively monitored by Crusader Industries, activated and deactivated by Comm arrays.
- Bounty system – Criminal activities inside of Monitored space now give players Wanted levels, which will eventually cause a bounty mission to be placed on them. Criminals can also attempt to elude bounty hunters by accessing a computer on Kareah to have their bounty lifted.
- Due to the open-world architecture of the Crusader system, FPS combat can occur on space stations, on the decks of ships, or even while engaged in EVA. In-game pick-ups including ballistic weapons, ammo and MediPens.
- A space station location specifically designed for and dedicated to FPS combat, including many stores and caches of personal weapons. Recharging energy weapons. Player healing.
- Constant and ongoing skirmishes and space dogfights between Pirate factions and insystem security forces in the Yela asteroid belt. Wreckage to scavange.
- Ship to space transitions. Seamless first-person gameplay! Transit between the interior of your ship to outer space and back without any loading screen!
- Multicrew ship gameplay! You’re not tied to your seat, you can walk around inside your ship with friends, and assume different responsibilities at different crew stations, such as ship’s pilot or copilot, engineer, or turret gunner. Fly, fight, and spacewalk all in the same game.
- All non-fighter craft have a Quantum Drive that allows them to travel through local space at genuinely 0.2 speed of light.
- In-lore Arena Commander is a simulation module that pilots can plug into and practice in. It’s served as the testing ground for much of our flight and in-combat ship experience.
- 6-Part Tutorial that introduces players to basic and advanced flight controls, including take-off, landing and combat.
- Racing Mode, with three unique “tracks” of increasing difficulty. It is referred to as the Murray Cup in lore.
- Free-flight mode, with no time limit, AI enemies or goals on your choice of two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon.
- Vanduul Swarm, on two unique maps, Dying Star or Broken Moon. Do battle with wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemy Vanduul ships.
- Multiplayer only game modes include: Battle Royale, Squadron Battle, Capture the Core, Public free-matches are limited four per side.
- Area 18 is a city on ArcCorp, a planet in the Stanton system and our first interactive planetside environment. Gameplay is focused on individual exploration and social interaction.
- Hangars are where players can view and explore their ships, as well as decorative items, objects and subscription flair items that we sell from the store. Hangars can expand from one to up to five bays depending on the number of ships loaded into them on the website.
- Other: Ship Repair, Refuel and Restocking at Cry-Astro. EVA – Extravehicular activity. Multicrew Ships. Quantum Travel, complete with limited fuel mechanics. Mobiglass Mission and Journal system. EMP warfare in the Avenger Warlock. New IFCS Flight models. Ship repair refuel and restock. Party system. Multi-ship crew stations. IFCS Flight Modes – Precision, SCM, and Cruise flight modes. Afterburner. Ship-to-ship EMP and disruption damage.
- This is only Star Citizen Alpha 2.3…it only gets better!
Star Citizen is more than just a game. It’s a movement. With 1,378,602 star citizens signed up worldwide, there is no stopping now. As a crowd funded project, Star Citizen is based on the pledge support. Money pledged goes directly to the game’s development. As of this writing, they have raised almost 114 million dollars, and by the time the game is officially released, they will probably have raised enough to buy their own planet. It is the space exploration and adventure dream that Star Trek and Wing Commander left us with. It’s a space sim, fps, racer, flight-sim, arcade space-shooter, strategy, adventure, persistent universe mmo, single player, multi-player, movie, etc. All game aspects combined seamlessly to pull you into another universe that should provide unlimited gameplay.
All game aspects combined seamlessly to pull you into another universe that should provide unlimited gameplay.
You have to buy the $45 starter game package to play the Star Citizen Alpha. The Alpha features list above is growing with every update…it only gets better. They are allowing patrons to also buy extra ships and a separate single player game to help fund the game development. Once the game is released, ships will be bought with in-game funds. The game developers, Cloud Imperium, have smartly crafted detailed spacecraft that both you and your friends can fly together. The ships are amazingly beautiful and believably designed…and interactive. And by creating branded digital assets that people want to collect in their hanger, they created perceived value to finance their game development. My guess is people spend just as much time walking in and around their sexy spaceships as they do flying them. I may be one of those people.
The flight controls take a time to get used to. I found it easier to target with the mouse, turn down the mouse sensitivity and shoot in short bursts through the target square pips. Once you feel more confident in your movements, turn the mouse sensitivity back up. Then eventually, try a joystick. After you check out your new ship and hanger areas, walk around the city, check out some buildings, take in the views…then go through the tutorials before you even try combat or racing.
What will bring this game alive is the massive persistent universe. A living world many MMO players are familiar with, you can play with friends, make new friends or go solo. They are spending huge amount of time developing a back story and lore that will frame numerous races and their social structure, political tensions and alliances, financial systems and trade, laws and consequences, as well and planetary landings and personal customization and health. If your arm gets irreparably damaged in combat and you are not near a med-bay, you can get a prosthetic that will then be part of your character from then on. In in-game strategy has more weight with consequences. So you may think twice before ramming your ship or jumping in guns blazing.
To help add structure to the Star Citizen community, there are organizations you can create and join. You can assign roles and decide on org guidlines or keep it open. I branded a new organization, ROCKSTAR CITIZEN. If any of you fine Star Citizens want to join, or even lead it, let me know and we can build it together. If you are thinking about enlisting as a Star Citizen, grab the coupon below when you register to get 5,000 UEC which can be spent on the website for weapons, ship components or decorations for your own Hangar. From there, you decide how to make your way in the galaxy, whether you’re a simple merchant trader, a fearsome pirate or a badass mercenary… and anything in-between. In Star Citizen, you control your destiny as you inhabit a world with an unparalleled level of immersion. See you there.
Star Citizen is a massive space game in the making. The scope and vision is beyond any game I have seen. Recommend just get starter package.
Pick a Star Citizen game package that best fits your play style, from fast, agile starfighters to multi-crew explorers. Use this code STAR-MYWZ-GHB2 when you register to get 5,000 UEC which can be spent on the website for weapons, ship components or decorations for your Hangar.