- The Nest Cam security camera is designed to help you look after your home and family – even when you’re away.
- Now Nest Cam can use your phone’s location — and even your family’s phones — to know when you’re away. So when everyone leaves the house, Nest Cam will know to turn on automatically.
- And with 24/7 live streaming, advanced Night Vision, and motion and sound alerts, Nest Cam helps you look after your home from anywhere.
- Make sure everything’s OK when you’re away. Or use Nest Cam as a baby monitor or pet cam. Set it up in a minute and stream securely – you’ll get a 130° wide-angle view and can zoom in for a closer look. Sign up for Nest Aware, and you can go back and see everything you missed.
- You can’t always be watching your video feed. So the new Nest Cam looks for motion and sends an alert to your phone if it sees something. It’s also a good listener. Nest Cam ignores background noise, like the sound of traffic. But will alert you if it hears something that stands out, like a boom, crash or voice of an intruder.
- Light, shadows, and branches cause false alerts. All the time. That’s because most cameras can’t tell the difference between that and something important – like a person trying to break in. When you sign up for Nest Aware, advanced algorithms in the cloud using depth sensing kick in to give you more accurate alerts.
- Nest Cam takes only a few minutes to install. Literally. Just plug it in and set it up from your phone.
- When you set your Nest Thermostat to Away, Nest Cam can automatically turn on. Switch your thermostat to Home, and Nest Cam will turn off again.
- If your Nest Protect senses smoke, Nest Cam will automatically record a clip so you can go back and see what happened.
I have used a few IP security cameras over the years, but this camera is definitely my favorite. It was a great way to keep tabs on my local business when I was away. I bought this camera almost 4 years ago when it was called the DropCam Pro. The Nest Cam is top quality with a fast, simple setup. The stream resolution in daylight or nightvision is excellent on any device and the picture quality is distinctly sharper than any other IP camera I have used. The interactive audio is a nice surprise. You can talk to your kids from work or scare your pets while away…all from your computer or mobile device. If you want to add automatic video recording, great for security history or solving family arguments, I would suggest the $10/mo plan.
You are building a smart home that helps you live safely, comfortably and should save you money over time…a good investment.
The Nest Cam is integrated into the unified Nest app and website. You will get motion notifications at the frequency and locations you set. The Nest Cam is not just a one trick pony, as it will be used as eyes and sometimes ears for your Nest Smart Thermostat, Nest Protect, etc. It is nice to be able to build a smart home one piece at a time. Each smart component will save you money by turning on targeted items only when you need them or give you the tools to react safely during an emergency. The high level of build quality will last…for example, up to 27 years on some smart light bulbs. You are building a smart home that helps you live safely, comfortably and should save you money over time…a good investment. Plus if you are like me, I plan on taking my smart home items with me when I move so keep your old thermostat, smoke detectors, etc.
Nest Cam is top quality in build and functionality. Video stream is clear and stable and is integrated into the Nest family of smart home products.